Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thinking about Transport

In the middle of all this thinking and touching and contemplating about things like lights, gloves, pumps, etc. I've also been thinking about how we're going to transport at least one bike - maybe two, to our riding path destinations. I have no doubt that later on we'll be doing some back-roads street riding, but for now it's going to be paths and that will require some sort of rack in the truck.

This concept is pretty neat, and should be fairly inexpensive I would think - but sadly, it's not available yet. Still, it's a pretty neat video and the "rider" they chose to highlight the process of using it sure doesn't hurt it any. Although, they really should use a short, fat guy like me to connect with real-world riders. hahaha. Who am I kidding? Every time I see someone on a bike they're skinny as a rail. Which is what I'm hoping to be in a year or so.
Anyway, here's the video:

1 comment:

  1. How time consuming and inconvenient!

    The best bike rack I have seen is the Stowaway Swingaway Bike and Gear rack. It combines interchangeable bike racks and cargo racks on a convenient Swingaway frame. In addition to carrying up to 4 bikes, it incorporates a rugged steel cargo rack that's big enough to carry your helmets, an ice chest, and other bulky gear you need for your trip. And it pivots up to 180ยบ for access to the rear of your vehicle. You can get one at http://www.stowaway2.com/store/p/1506-Hitch-Bike-Racks.aspx

    ReplyDelete